As a member of ACEC/MN, you have access to many professional opportunities and resources.
These programs, offered fall through spring, cover a wide-range of technical and business related topics that allow you to build your professional skills and network with your colleagues.
- Forecasting events with various state agencies, counties, etc., to discuss long-term project plans and budgets.
- Monthly lunch meetings.
- Free monthly technical brown bags.
Annual listing of firm and affiliates distributed to over 2,000 users of engineering services, including municipalities, counties, architects, building inspectors, universities and other public and private entities throughout Minnesota.
Project Announcement Bulletin (PAB)
Weekly e-mail containing information on potential projects from municipalities, state agencies and other sources.
Monthly electronic member newsletter featuring association activities, member firm news and industry information.
Bi-annual client newsletter that informs and educates clients about issues affecting communities and services provided by members.
Contains many nationally acclaimed publications on business practice topics, which are available for check out.
ACEC/MN retains a professional lobbyist and maintains an active legislative committee to represent membership concerns with state legislators and agency leaders. Recent legislative successes and accomplishments include:
- Established 10-year statute of repose.
- Passed Qualifications Based Selection legislation.
- Established Designer Selection Board.
- Passed certificate of merit legislation.
- Successfully defeated sales tax on professional services (three times).
Mn/DOT Consultant Conference
One-day event conducted to present topics of common concerns and importance to both the State of Minnesota and consulting firms interested in providing professional/technical services to Mn/DOT.
Capitol Consulting Day
This annual event allows members to meet with state legislators to discuss engineering issues.
Engineering Excellence Awards
Recognizes engineering achievements at the state and national levels.
Review association activities and recognize member and firm achievements through the following awards:
- PresidentÂ´s Award - This award is presented to an individual employed by a member firm that has made a significant contribution to the association and has shown to be a credit to the consulting engineering profession over the past year.
- Firm of the Year - This award is presented to an ACEC/MN firm that, through their activities, has made a significant contribution to the advancement of the association and the consulting engineering profession.
- Tom Roche - This award is presented to an individual who has contributed a great deal during their career to the engineering profession, ACEC/MN and the community.
- The ACEC/MN Scholarship program is designed to educate young engineering students about the field of consulting engineering and provide financial aid to students interested in the profession.
- Softball Tournament - raised over $1,500.
- Golf Tournament â€“ raises over $13,000.
Engineering and Technology Exploring Post
The engineering post meets monthly and sponsoring firms host programs to provide students with information on educational requirements, job demand, salaries and current trends. Interactive, hands-on exercises and tours have also been a huge hit that will continue to be offered.
Consulting Engineering Fundamentals Workshop
Designed to give young or new engineers insight into the business side of consulting engineering have also been a huge hit that will continue to be offered.
Opportunity for engineering students to learn more about Fundamentals of Engineering exam and the process of becoming Professional Engineers.
Twin Cities Regional Science Fair
Members judge engineering projects submitted by students in grades 6-12 from schools in the metro area and the four counties of Ramsey, Hennepin, Washington and Dakota.
Conducted annually to collect compensation information.
Conducted every other year to gather information on benefits, perks and compensation for the purpose of sharing this data with members.
Solicit member feedback on association activities and events to continually meet the needs of members.
The Eloquent Engineers is a forum to improve communication and public speaking skills and socializing and network with fellow engineers. The group meets Tuesdays at 12:15 p.m. at the ACEC/MN office.
Available through ACEC/MN and ACEC for health, life, retirement and business insurance.